07-09-2021, 12:36 PM   #13
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriian View Post
I do not want to jump into you and Alfisti mud slinging, but you did ask MOST important factor for your sports car, but only ask about sound's importance in your poll, so what is it you are really asking.

No sound is not a factor to me for sports car, something the aftermarket can easily fix so why would I put that as a priority.
Well, some mod changed my OP+title, so it perhaps confuses a bit now. Anyway, I wanted to focus on the sound factor and how important it is to some ppl, even at the expense of performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
But that is subjective - no?

For instance - if 350HP is plenty for me and they have a 400hp v6 with great sound and a 600hp quad turbo 4 that sounded like a bumble bee trapped in a soda can - I'd choose the 6. So in that instance you are right - I would be choosing sound over performance.

But only because the one with better sound ALSO has all (or more than) the performance I need.

Now change that 400 to 200 and that 600 to 400 - and I'd just have to learn to live with the sound......or mod it to my taste. Then I would be choosing performance over sound.

I don't think anyone would choose solely on sound no matter the performance - but it certainly matters. Especially in a world with so many great choices in all price ranges. If you nail everything and miss the sound - it will cost you sales, no doubt about it.

I'd even be willing to admit as an old bastard that grew up with muscle cars growling down the road - my taste in what sounds good is different from those that grew up in the fart can era. It's all subjective.

Luckily - there is options for all of us...........
Yes, again, that's a fair comment. I'm just putting out there a scenario in an absolute sense and amazingly some ppl would choose sound over performance.
Appreciate 0