07-09-2021, 12:20 PM   #7
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
Everyone will prioritize performance over sound. The question is do you prioritize performance WITH sound over performance WITHOUT sounds - for a price.

What good is a cool looking car, that performs well, but embarrasses you when you open it up or makes you cringe? That is part of the package.

It is ALL important. I think what you hear are more people like me and Alfisti that are going to be satisfied with 350+ HP, a car that can excite me thru the twisties AND an exhaust note that brings a smile to your face every time.

I'm not going to track it (or much), I'm not going to backroad race it - I am going to drive it. And I want to drive an impractical car for one reason only - to make me happy.

The sound is part of that. That is why I love a manual. I have all 4 limbs involved (touch), the country backroad wind in my face (smell), my eye's glued to the next corner (sight) and I also want an exhaust note that adds hearing (sound) to my enjoyment - the total package.

While it is never a deal killer for me, it WOULD make me choose one car over another of equal everything else for sure.
Yes, ofc that is a fair comment. All I'm saying is to some ppl, they overvalue sound way too much, making it trump all, even at the expense of performance, which is ridiculous.

The worst it may sound is muted/less sonorous, right? Not as if it plays the Benny Hill soundtrack everytime one hits the gas pedal.
Appreciate 0