View Single Post
      07-09-2021, 12:14 PM   #6
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Everyone will prioritize performance over sound. The question is do you prioritize performance WITH sound over performance WITHOUT sounds - for a price.

What good is a cool looking car, that performs well, but embarrasses you when you open it up or makes you cringe? That is part of the package.

It is ALL important. I think what you hear are more people like me and Alfisti that are going to be satisfied with 350+ HP, a car that can excite me thru the twisties AND an exhaust note that brings a smile to your face every time.

I'm not going to track it (or much), I'm not going to backroad race it - I am going to drive it. And I want to drive an impractical car for one reason only - to make me happy.

The sound is part of that. That is why I love a manual. I have all 4 limbs involved (touch), the country backroad wind in my face (smell), my eye's glued to the next corner (sight) and I also want an exhaust note that adds hearing (sound) to my enjoyment - the total package.

While it is never a deal killer for me, it WOULD make me choose one car over another of equal everything else for sure.