View Single Post
      09-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #3
squadz
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
What!! That sounds shady. How did the person/dealer import the car into Canada without a recall clearance letter. Does the car have the RIV sticker? Also BMW claiming the VIN isn't in their system ... what BS is that. Try calling a US dealer or even Tischer BMW to see if they can help with a recall letter if you really need it. Might be cheaper.

No way they could have imported the car here without that letter and gone through the RIV process.

I never sent my recall clearance letter to BMW Canada and I highly doubt the BMW dealer in the US I bought the car from did. They were pretty clueless about the process. Unless RIV did it for me no way it got sent. I have already had warranty work done to the car here in Canada and had no issues.

You sure the VIN is legit?
Now you've got me scared. The dealer I bought the car from wasn't the same one that brought the car over, so I don't think fault lies with them.

BMW Canada has no record of this car ever being serviced in Canada meaning that this car was brought over and never brought in to a dealership. They don't have records of a clearance letter, which would make sense.

Where can I find the RIV sticker? I will call BMW USA to see what they say, good idea.

You had warranty work done on your imported car without using a recall letter? Please tell me how because all I want is to have warranty work done, only reason I need this letter.

How would I know if the VIN is legit?
Appreciate 0