View Single Post
      04-30-2020, 03:49 PM   #63
Mykele
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 m235 GC (storm bay)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darex View Post
Thanks for your post. I'm in the same boat as you, but not quite as far along as you. I, too, concluded the 2GC is a better fit for me than the 3. I think it has better ergonomics than the 3 up-front, surprisingly enough, and not much worse in the back, for that matter. It also has better packaging and color options, except for the missing 360º camera [but you can't have it all, I guess].

Since I pretty much want all the options, it became clear that outfitting a 228i makes little sense, when the price quickly climbs to the price of a similarly-configured M235i, which ends up actually being a better value, given the motorization difference and included features. Probably not coincidental!

I'm confused about the Dynamic Dampener Control (Adaptive Suspension) option. I know it's tied to 18" wheels (not 19"), but as an option in the configurator, I cannot seem to find it. Many reviewers insist it's a worthy and important option to tick.

Beyond that, I am still torn between Mineral Gray, Storm Bay, or Misano Blue.

I ordered Dynamic Damper Control on mine, and it shows up as part of my build in "my Garage" on the owners portion of BMW website. Funny thing is that you cannot add it to a M235GC any longer when you build and price. ??? Unless it's now standard in the 235 and I will get a credit for the cost..

One look at Storm Bay sold me on it.. my current 2 is MG, and I almost went that route.
Storm bay changes color depending on the lighting. Sometimes looks primer gray, it gets a light blue cast in other light. It will hide the dirt better than MG does as well.
Appreciate 0