Pr0metheus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbertels View Post
Can you provide a link to where I can find the upcoming schedule if it's ben published? I'd like to follow the series more closely and see how the new car shapes up.
The WeatherTech Sportscar Championship (WTSC) series schedule is published here (when it becomes available):

http://sportscarchampionship.imsa.co.../race-schedule

The current 2017 season hasn't finished yet, so you'll notice that 2018 is blank. Once they finalize the schedule, it will appear there.

BMW have done well in the last couple of races, and there are still some great events left this year. There's a race at Lime Rock this weekend. You should tune in.

In the US, you're stuck watching the main WTSC race broadcast on Fox; either Fox Sports 1 or Fox Sports 2. If you have a cable subscription, I highly recommend getting the FoxSportsGo application for your mobile device. Fox routinely "bumps" the WTSC races when other sports (baseball, soccer, etc) run long, so the most consistent way to watch them is to use FoxSportsGo to stream to your TV using an Apple TV, Chromecast, or Roku (depending upon what kind of phone you have). You get a dedicated stream that will never be bumped.

In addition to the WTSC series, there are a couple of companion series. The 2nd tier series is called the Continental Tire Sportscar Challenge (CTSC). This series races two classes: GS (Grand Sport) and ST (Street Tuner). The cars that race in this series are much closer to actual production cars, and next year, we can expect to see a BMW M4 GT4 racing in this series. Will definitely be worth a watch. The CTSC series often has better racing than WTSC, believe it or not. The guys in ST really like to trade paint.

Oh, and welcome to the club
IMSA also has an app and sometimes broadcasts live car cam footage & you can sometimes catch the voice cast on Www.radiolemans.com or look for updates on

http://www.dailysportscar.com/national

I've had to get around The Fox issue quite a bit and refuse to give them $ for what they did to the Speed (previously Speedvision) Channel years ago.

In addition to the app, you can completely bypass all this BS and watch for free @ the IMSA YouTube channel.

Here is a teaser for Lime Rock this weekend:

As for WEC (BMW 2018), they have a fantastic app and web platform. If you pay (well worth it for whole season including 24 Hours of Lemans) because you get to watch it live or GO BACK AND WATCH AGAIN until the next race weekend. I would suggest paying for the mobile platform and not the PC/web platform as I believe replays are only available with the mobile device option. WEC also have a great YouTube account (handle = FIAWEC) and have been uploading content more efficiently this year. I think they even have lots of the races from 2017 up.

If you are interested, BMW will have their own factory car(S) in Formula E in 2018 as well; they are partners with MS Amlin this year. Can also find races on Youyube Formula E account, but Fox Sports makes watching practice and races a bit more challenging.

Hope this helps and wasn't too much yappin'.
Appreciate 0