dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Have a read of this:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=919374

This is my take (from that thread):

Quote:
I went with car2cover for my new car. Had a long chat with them before I signed up and they seem very good.
Got full vehicle replacement rather than return to invoice. That way you make sure you can buy the EXACT car again in the event of a right off as you get the full list price of the replacement car regardless of what you paid for the car.

Its also transferable to another car if you swap cars, unlike BMW gap which is dead the minute you sell your car. I also understand with BMW gap that the gap insurance company send the cheque to the dealer and you have to buy again with them and are tied in whereas with a policy like car2cover, you just get a cheque and you can buy what you want from where you want.

I considered their dent/alloy protection policy and didn't think it was worth it. It was about £350 for 3 years but there is a £25 excess each time you claim. So two claims would cost you £400. I think I'd rather pay for my own as I think it would still be cheaper than £400. (Eg two claims of two alloys would be about £200).
Again, didn't bother with tyre insurance - I'll take my chances and pay out if on the remote chance I get a puncture.
Also the dent protection and tyre insurance are not transferable to another car unlike the gap. Worth checking these things when you buy these kind of covers.

But there are loads of companies to choice from so shop around and choose what's best for you.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0