View Single Post
      03-18-2014, 07:32 PM   #10
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlfbio View Post
I'm fine with either as an option and happier when we can decide which we want to pay for.

It's really sad that people are too incompetent/complacent to handle all aspects of driving, that we have to manage to the lowest common denominator. Even though this car is heavy, it's small. How fricking hard is it to park one? Granted, my wife wants parking assist on her Cayman...

I agree about the options and choosing part. Everything should be a la carte.

For me, I actually enjoy parallel parking and have been doing it for many years in every size car possible. This is probably the most unnecessary car to have park assist on. In fact, it's probably ridiculous. The only reason I went with park assist is since that allowed me to get the park distance control (which I have never had) but figured it was worth it for me for a 3 year lease paying 38% of the depreciation of $500.

So, at $5/month, it will help me park as close as I want to any walls or pillars without having to be very careful and cautious. I literally park within an inch of things to get as far away from all other cars (and still end up with door and fender dings). Not that I have ever had any problems without one, however this will speed up that process.

The full driver assistance package with camera would have cost me $10/month extra than having nothing, but to me that was too much. Everything has a price. My limit was only $5/month.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that people who are buying this small car actually need any of these features, however to some people it's a nice to have. For others though... it's a different story. I was once passenger in a car on the right lane at a stop light where the lady in the center lane cut over right into us to turn right, damaging the entire right side of her FX35 in the process. Her excuse was she looked in her camera and didn't see anybody when she cut over. We had been staring at her the whole time but she didn't even turn her head to look right. That's extreme.

Last edited by five3three; 03-18-2014 at 08:25 PM..
Appreciate 0