View Single Post
      01-05-2022, 06:34 AM   #21
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
The whole EARC/ARC thing is completely new to me, and I doubt our TV supports that as it's over 5 years old now. It could do with an upgrade too, but just have more pressing things to spend money on right now around the new house.
EARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) came around in 2019, so you will most certainly only have ARC (Audio Return Channel) on your TV. (and Sonos calling their soundbar ARC also doesn't help with confusion!)

ARC (Audio Return Channel) will work fine if you only use the TV and its built in Apps. But if you want to plug other devices into the TV's other HDMI ports and pass that sound down to the ARC this is where you will get delay issues, I had it on Xbox Series X where for example in Call of Duty the gunshot is heard a second or so after the event, and in the case of Sky Q as mentioned before the delay makes it unwatchable and you can only fix it by having sky set to Stereo output only.

This was the exact reason HD Fury invented the Arcana EARC adapter so you plug all your external devices into an HDMI switch, that goes into the Arcana and then the output of the Arcana goes to both the TV HDMI and Sonos Arc HDMI. Arcana then splits the EARC audio out to the Sonos ARC and picture to the TV, but the sound from TV apps will still work to the soundbar as well.

https://hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/
Appreciate 2
Tengocity8576.00
C320346.50