View Single Post
      08-23-2017, 05:22 PM   #1
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

France in my 440i

Just spent 3 weeks in France in my 440i GC with family and kids.

Not really a road trip, stayed in a gite near Royan on the Gironde estuary for most of it. Great weather and great location. Loved the beaches.

We did manage a stay over in a nice Chateau in Alencon on the way down and a spontaneous 2 nights in a fancy hotel in Paris on the way back. The supercars in Paris are what made me think of going for the MPPSK.

Car was brilliant, great to drive, even when fully loaded and a roof box on. The B58 did drink quite a lot with a roof box on and at 85 mph. 28.5 mpg for the whole trip.

I even managed to get 3 in the back comfortably when the mother in law flew out for 10 days. Baby seat on one side. Wife on the other. 5 year old on a little seat in the middle, bubblebum, smallest booster seat available. Side protection not needed when sat in the middle.

Favourite times in the car were later in the evening when I got to go out for a couple of blasts on the empty French country roads.

Worst time was at the end of a very long day one when I looked the wrong way on a roundabout and a bus nearly hit me. I still don't know how he missed me, would have been a pretty short holiday if he'd hit us.

Last edited by Goneinsixtyseconds; 08-24-2017 at 04:25 AM..
Appreciate 3