araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Anyone can answer your question.

All season run flats provide all season traction all year round. Good enough for snow and limited ice traction.

Performance run flats provide increased handling response and traction, particularly in wet and dry conditions. The compound becomes less compliant when temps drop below 40 degrees and are literally hockey pucks on ice in snow and ice conditions. You'll need a set of snow tires for the winter.

Your tire options will be extremely limited with 21"
Oh oh.. We normally do atleast 3-4 trips up north but most of the time of the year we are in dry and triple digit weather. So this will not work for me. Doesnt justify the investment for winter tires for once in a while trips in snow/ice.

The issue is 20"-738 are okay but the 21"-744 looked much better even though I know comfort wise it will take a dip. All Msport options look fantastic but I want to stay within Xline.

How does this work though? Say I buy 21", can I buy all season RF with the dealer and he can do price adjustments? Or I have to buy additional tires and keep them in my garage when not in use.
Basic questions - but I am trying to understand since in Arizona we really never have to do the seasonal tire change rituals.

Also, I noticed 21-744 are staggered, and different wheel sizes for front and rear. Is that why you mean by choices are very limited ?
Appreciate 0