View Single Post
      04-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #9
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkeeper View Post
He makes a fine point above re: Xpel...I have the 3M and while it has not peeled, [or yellowed for that matter] I did have full bonnet. Maybe the Xpel cannot be seen, but the 3M can and does collect at edge across bonnet on those I have seen--hence why I opted for full front and hood.

Cost was less than what I hear a full front is for Xpel so in it all, am verrry happy with this application. In all cases, try to get a pro to do it who has reputation for standing behind the work.

I just did not like an obvious hood line half way up with the 3M....if it doesn't show using Xpel????...then fine.
Here's a look at the front end on the day the new 2 replaced the MB in the background. Can you see the Xpel line? The entire front fascia and mirror caps are done as well, plus headlamps and foglamps. $1,100.

Hint: It's just forward of the caliper
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0