View Single Post
      04-04-2015, 04:19 PM   #7
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkeeper View Post
And I am at the other end of spectrum. Absolutely love the clear bra...never be without it.
BUT...NO "bikini line" half way up and across the bonnet...THAT is wrong way to do it and WILL be a pain. Get entire hood done and it works. If you can afford the car and some clear, you might as well do it all. Best hunk of money I have spent on the car as I hate the chips that WILL come, and dislike the idea of spot coloring. That shows worse. Just another perspective.
I guess I am at a third end. Love the Xpel film and the invisible protection it offers. I have no problem whatsoever with the half hood/fender application. Not wrong and has been no problem! Xpel is so thin and colorless, I often lose sight of it when washing the car. No pain at all to just look again to know I am using my soft mitt across the hood instead of with the car length. When I waxed, a touch of Adam's Cleaner on the microfiber and any residue on the edge is gone in seconds. I've challenged people to find it in bright daylight and they have to look two or three times to focus enough. The cost differential is significant from half to full, as the half hood (at least from Xpel) comes to the installer as a pre-cut kit, versus having to make a manual full raw-sheet design.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0