View Single Post
      06-02-2008, 11:48 AM   #13
piknockout
Rep
Drives:

First off, congrats on the win! And when do you plan on bumping up to the r-comps?

I'm definitely following the progress of the 135 in DS this year. If the car proves to be competitive at the National level, then it's at the top of my list for next season.

Unfortunately (and no offense), but the performance of the car in an a "Street Tire" type local class will do nothing to sway the SEB's decision on where to class the car. Until the car has been prepped to the extent of the rules with a National level driver behind the wheel against other top level competition, we won't know what the car's true potential is.

And on that note, Steve Snow (owner of Bimmerworks in West Chester, PA) is currently prepping his 135 for DS. His first outing with only tires was very promising, with a raw time good enough to take PAX at a Philly region event, except for a pesky cone. He ran the car yesterday with some Koni DA's and an alignment (at least was supposed to install that stuff before yesterday), but I was running with DC and not certain of the day's outcome.

But speaking of running at the National level, Steve will be running in the D.C. Pro in a few weeks, which should be a great test for the car's capability and competitiveness. Steve finished 6th in GS at Nats last year (0.7s out of 1st). So yeah, he's fast. Hopefully there's some promise here because I really want a good reason to buy one.

BTW, sorry for the long first post.

3 STX - 2006 Philly Champ - 2007 WDCR Champ - 2007 Autocrosser's Inc. Champ

Sponsored by Agile Automotive Performance
Appreciate 0