03-07-2008, 07:24 PM   #14
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolved View Post

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

I find your response a tad over the top. Perhaps you didn't understand my over-all point.

If there were two identical USED cars on the lot, with the same mileage. The only difference is that one of them has Dinan upgrades and a Dinan badge, it wouldn't be priced less, it would be priced more.

And 9 times out of 10, it will sell. Not only because it might have $3-$4k in upgrades, but also due to the fact those upgrades are from Dinan.

There are a bunch of USED 335s on the lots, who knows what the previous owner installed/uninstalled and did to the car. A Dinan badged car is documented and maintained. Nothing is hidden. If I had a choice between 2 identical cars and the Dinan badged one was $500 to $1k more, I know which one I am buying. I am not alone in my thinking. In fact this is not my opinion, but a known fact that I witnessed several times over, starting from when I was in high school and a porter for a Land Rover dealership!

Evolved, are you laughing at me or the simple fact this has been proven for the last 20 years? I must believe your response was more of a bandwagonner than anything actually stemming from past experiences and duPont REGISTRYs -or- Robb Reports over the years. Next time I suggest you don't shout so loudly so community members don't notice your ignorance so much.
Appreciate 0