rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Delivered

Ok, it's been here 3 weeks but that's a minor technicality

Initial impressions are wow!

Although the roads aren't great at this time of year it has been dry enough on a few occasions to have a brief look at what this car can do. Although I have been trying to abide by a careful run in procedure there have been a couple of occasions when I may have not been so cautious.

Looks wise, the Singapore Grey with the Sakhir Orange is incredible. I love the subtleness, understated look of it but at the same time it has enough presence to stand out from the crowd.

The car itself is a pleasure to drive. Even just gently cruising along it always seems to be ready to kick on. It almost seems to encourage you to take it by the scruff of the neck and give it a blast. On those occasions I have given in the power of this thing is incredible. It will just go! I have been mostly in Sport+ which may be why. I have 3 little kids who absolutely love it when we set off. They love the throw you back in the seat acceleration.

Options are fairly normal. The Adaptive LEDs are great although in normal night time driving I can't really see much difference between them and the xenons. In the underground car park at work they do seem noticeably better and the light is much crisper. I love that the comfort access is on the rear doors as well. That was a bugbear on the 335.

This was bought as a car to fit all 3 kids in comfortably whilst having enough fun for me to enjoy on those trips when the kids stay at home. On both counts it is a success and there are no regrets about anything. Ok, I still keep thinking I should have added the Competition Pack but at least is gives me something to add next time There is enough room for two Isofix seats and a small booster cushion in between which is all I needed. We have non Isofix seats too which if used may allow for a full booster in between but I've not tried that yet. I'm glad I added the folding seats though just to have the Isofix access doors.

The only downside is just how quickly it will get you to the speed limit. There's barely enough time to start grinning before you have to back off I may have ever so slightly gone over the limit once or twice as the HUD didn't seem able to properly keep up

A few photos taken a couple of weeks ago after it was detailed and the GTechniq Crystal Serum applied. It's brought out the shine, even on gloomy overcast days.

Overall, a fantastic car that does not disappoint. The power and acceleration is epic which when combined with the comfort is the perfect combination. A gentle cruiser with the ability to transform into an animal.

Love it!
Attached Images