06-07-2014, 05:17 PM   #19
mindmachine
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 BMW IX iDrive50, 23 Tesla X

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
You can say whatever you want about being some retired engineer, but math is math. You're the first engineer that doesn't understand algebra apparently. 85kWH divided by 33.7 kWh/gal gas (per gallon of gasoline - look it up) = 2.52 gallons of gas equivalent energy. Don't know else how to explain it. According to Car & Driver the Tesla 85kWh battery weighs 1323 pounds. 1323 pounds divided by 2.52 gallons = 525 pounds per gallon of gasoline energy equivalent. I was using rough numbers in my previous post.

LOL
Well now we have established you understand multiplication and division, by the way algebra is not required for you calculation, but that's ok I excelled in algebra and calculus too. Not to mention differential equations.

So internal combustion engines are inherently inefficient if they get less miles per kwh than the electric motor used in EV's!!!! according to your number even.!!!

You are making progress here.

However I will give you a hint, the Toyota Prius plug-in is the most efficient EV on the planet. look at the numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0