View Single Post
      10-13-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
MatthewDFW
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '02 X5

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Matte Black Paint - wax, Zaino, other...?

My 135i has AW body but matte black hood & stripes (sigh - long story; full description of tii one-off elsewhere). That's it over on the left, so you can probably see my dilemna.

Anyway, I'm completely stumped when it comes to proper care for the matte black paint. It seems silly to use conventional waxes or Zaino on the hood, since that would constitute an attempt to put a shine/gloss on a matte finish! If Zaino has a product made specifically for matte paint surfaces, I have not heard about it.

By the same token, it kills me to wax the entire car except for the hood; I really want to do something for it! I don't mind buying two sets of products - one for the main body and one for the hood - except... what the heck would work for the hood?!

Does anybody here have experience with waxing or polishing matte black BMW paint?

If so, I'd be grateful for your recommendations. (And, yes, I have consulted with the paint and body shop at my dealer, but they are slow to respond)
===============
Our wee twin turbos may be smallish, but they doth mashie yon backside deeply seatwise.
===============

Appreciate 0