View Single Post
      01-17-2021, 10:22 PM   #24
ampsw20
Rep
Drives: 2003 E46 M3 (sold), 2020 M2CS

We recently moved to a significantly more rural home and had set up HughesNet because it was all that was available.

We were downgrading from gigabit fiber so the transition was shocking to say the least. I worked from home before covid do wasn’t sure how it was all going to work out. HughesNet ended up being completely unusable and unreliable. I honestly thought we were going to have to move, then I found t mobile internet while going down the fixed wireless rabbit hole. Lo and behold we are eligible.

It has been game-changing fantastic and we now will stay in our current house. Speeds around 50-80 mbps, streaming multiple devices. I was paying 3x price for Hughesnet and getting average 700 kb/s with only 30 gigs allowable prime time data, I would burn through that in a few days for work EDIT: I think I had a data leak or something. Always showed huge usage with no devices connected and changed passwords frequently::.

T mobile was wonky for about a week when I first got it as far as lots of variability in speeds but a huge part was actually placing the modem/router in the house.

it’s been a great experience and I would recommend it if you don’t have hardwired options. That being said, I am sure it’s still not as fast or as reliable as any of the wired providers.

Last edited by ampsw20; 01-17-2021 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: Data usage explanation
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11462.50