11-22-2019, 10:54 AM   #59
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanekstudio View Post
I understand the overall disappointment for an era coming to an end and I agree on the premise that a RWD platform is more engaging that an FWD or AWD.

With that said I agree with others that a FWD platform can still be fun to drive and I can see why BMW has decided to produce some cars like this. Fortunately BMW is still making RWD cars, and will continue so for the near future, so we have the option to choose.

There is so much unreasonable hate around these new cars, like for the x2 m35, when the majority of haters have never driven one.
I think your presumption is flawed since X1's and X2's are becoming the norm for loaners.

I like small cars, and part of that means I'm the guy that asked for the MINI for a loaner. And MINIs have been good. I just think there was an opportunity for BMW to keep the fwd cars labeled as MINI and take on the fwd offerings from MB and Audi with that brand, which seems to be dying for good product.

I also realize that BMW needed a small SUV and the previous X1 (which we owned) was a compromised package. As were the 1er hatches. So once you opened the door to the X1 it was only a matter of time until you let the small hatch migrate too.
Appreciate 1
scrammer420.50