View Single Post
      11-22-2019, 07:50 AM   #49
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
Have you driven it yet to validate your assumption? Have you driven the X2 M35i to at least get a sense of what you are professing? Coming from an F80, I have no less enjoyment on a daily basis driving with this platform set up and drivetrain and I'm certain that the 2GC will be fun as anything to drive.

In general it just amazes me the snobbish behavior of some in this thread. BMW was built on SMALL sports sedans and coupes. This is the only car they offer anywhere close to the E30 size which, by the way for all you youngins who don't know the history, was NOT a luxurious car by any means. But it was fun as hell, and many of us want a small car since the 3er is now the size of a 5er. Look down your nose all you want, but I've owned the some of the highest end BMW vehicles in the past, and I have nothing but faith that this thing will perform well and be great regardless of some opinions that its too low end.
I used to own an S3 and I can absolutely confirm the fwd haldex based awd w a 4 banger is not remotely the enjoyment nor driving experience a rwd + 6 combo could offer. I hope BMW did absolute magic here...