View Single Post
      10-09-2020, 02:56 PM   #17
jkap27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
I imagine the AWDs will have an option to come from the factory with All Seasons on them. I'll probably still augment those with a set of proper winter tires though.
Yea I'm trying to find that out... that would be a nice option to have
Although strictly performance wise I would think the rwd with summer tires is going to outperform the awd on all seasons in all situations except for the drag strip. Im not sure what all seasons they would even use...the Michelin a/s 4's won't fit the front wheel. I dont drive in snow all that much so that extra $$$ for the awd would probably be overkill for strictly weather reasons but maybe the performance gains will swing me...I kind of get the impression that they're underrating the performance specs a bit on the rwd models to get people to hold out for the awd model.

Also im pretty sure the drift mode in the awd car is going to give you zero traction assistance which im sure most people will love but you lose out on the option to go rwd with a variable amount of traction control. In a lot of ways it feels like paying extra to knock down the 0-60 time a bit to me but maybe thats just me if you do a lot of snow driving id definitely go awd + snow tires. Also if you have an obnoxious tesla fanboy friend with a model 3 performance id go awd too haha I wonder how the quarter miles will compare

Last edited by jkap27; 10-09-2020 at 03:02 PM..
Appreciate 0