View Single Post
      06-13-2011, 06:46 AM   #1
Breach
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 520dA M Sport

How to best care for BMW Nappa leather?

I read a substantial number of threads on the forums and the only thing I ended up with is... controversy ;-) Here's the deal - I've just noticed my 3 mos old Oyster Nappa seats are starting to show some signs of wear - you know - bit of wrinkles, whereas they used to be super smooth when I picked up the car, but c'est la vie I guess. Anyway, I started to research how to best clean and protect Nappa leather. Turns out it's not as straightforward as I had hoped it to be. Although cleaning is pretty much straightforward I've read very different things re conditioning - some people say an UV cream is all you need as the leather is clearcoated and using any kind of conditioner is a waste. Some say otherwise. There's a general consensus that brands such as Leatherique make good products, but as apparently you can't find that in the EU I went for the expensive Swissvax cleaner/conditioner combo. Yet, what's really the best way to condition/protect/maintain BMW nappa leather? Apart from the 65 E per unit Swissvax combo any good products out there? By the way I am happy to report that so far I have had zero jeans dye transfer and I do wear jeans a lot
Appreciate 0