View Single Post
      08-30-2020, 10:08 AM   #12
Frenetic
PANIC!
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
This is our first lease. I will be changing the insurer very soon and I am wondering whether it makes sense to fix the two dings before the switch. From I am hearing such dings should be acceptable. Is this correct?

I will also have two rear tires to be replaced, but I am planning to buy used tires (same model), $200-300 installed for two.

A separate question - can I turn in the car to any dealership or I need to do this with the one I leased through?

Thanks!

BMW has an acceptable ding/blemish size per the BMW lease agreement. I found this online, it’s towards the end. http://www.motorologist.com/wp-conte...ochure_Eng.pdf

The first one looks fine, the second one, though, will be billed for repair per the lease return guidelines.

Keep in mind that sometimes it’s cheaper to just let BMW invoice you for the repair. You can probably google that amount and then get a repair estimate and see which one is cheaper. It’s also more convenient to just let BMW do it.

I think you can turn it in to any dealership. You may need to call and schedule the appointment, but most BMW dealers are happy to do the inspection and sign off on the chance you’ll lease another from them. Call to confirm, but don’t mention you didn’t buy it from them, just ask for a lease return appointment.
Appreciate 0