11-26-2017, 05:33 PM   #4
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenVoX View Post
So as the saying goes if you cant beat them, join em.. lol There was another car that qualified in 12s class and lost first round. So he jumped over to the 11sec class and ran an 11.2s and won the class. How can you qualify for a slower class then win in another faster class? Idk, I'm just trying to learn this stuff, but is this what the world of racing is? Seems like racing comes second to knowing how to play the game to win.. Again nothing wrong if that's whats accepted
Yea every type of racing has it's own method of attack. 1/4 mile racing is just the start.

Ever watch Nascar? or F1? Tires/Fuel strategies are everything, not sole lap times.. Just an example, but basically you want to be as fast or faster than the class you're racing in. So it would be my opinion, in your case, to run the 13s class and brake check or lift off, half way down once you get ahead of the competition to avoid "breaking" the 13s time limitation.

I'm no 1/4 guru, I may have it wrong, but when I used to go to the strip, this is what happened in most cases. You could hear them lift off and depending on the car you could see brake lights half way down the strip, lol