View Single Post
      05-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosz View Post
Picked this bad boy up last night from Mike. Went to a Mcdonalds Plaza, popped the hood open and looked for bimmerpost threads with installation pics (Previous to this I had never really read or watched any of those installation vidz). Took me 5 mins to install! And now that I know where everything is I think i can take it off / reinstall in under 1 minute!

The Juice: Best way to explain the extra power is in terms of numbers. My butt dyno says there's about 10%-15% more power with the stage 1, and only accessible when somewhat pushing the car (ie above 3.5K RPM). Otherwise, under normal driving theres absolutely no difference in power, which I think is fantastic for fuel economy. Did a couple 0-60 runs and definitely felt the extra power and there was way more wheel spin than before. In 2nd gear pull I felt the most power/torque and generally more torque overall.

The Noise: Louder BOV action, much more noticeable than before.

Overall this is a great tune, stupid easy install, for $379 its a bargain! Don't expect to turn your car into an M5 but the extra torque/hp is just enough to put a bigger smile on your face

TO be honest I was expecting much more of a bang judging from peoples comments with JB stage 1 installed. But IMHO it ain't night and Day, more like Night and Dawn lol Thanks Burger Tuning, Now I have the more power bug and thinking of stage 2, removing the cats, installing downpipe, intake so on and so forth!!

I really want to test the PPK and compare with the Stage 1.
Do you have a pneumatic boost solenoid?
Appreciate 0