View Single Post
      10-13-2021, 11:55 AM   #38
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSteve View Post
Great. Name me something that was completely acceptable 10 years ago that is now deemed unacceptable. Here's a quote from the NY Magazine that I find true. And no, everyone doesn't do this so don't lump "everyone" in with whoever you are familiar with.

"when Gruden sent emails calling NFL commissioner Roger Goodell a gay slur and deriding female referees, gay former player Michael Sam, and NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith in racist terms. But had those emails come out back then, there probably would have been even less debate about his fate than there is now. An asshole ten years ago looks a lot like an asshole now." NYMagazine.

But go ahead and provide me something completely unacceptable today that was okay 10 years ago.
Well one in regards to the NFL was Rothlisberger raping someone and getting a slap on the wrist from the NFL.

And I'm not saying it was acceptable back when he wrote the emails, but people werent so ready to cancel everyone at the drop of the hat back then as well. With the prominence of Social Media now, and how everyone feels the need to be more outraged than the next so their outrage can go viral, saying things 10 years ago absolutely did not have the same public moral outrage it does now.

You seem to be taking this very personal, as if Gruden wrote these emails about you.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 4
tcphoto3541.50
RickFLM410991.00
Germanauto9731.00