View Single Post
      06-07-2021, 09:21 AM   #307
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I appreciate the fact that Max was trying hard but after STRs tire failure he should have been banking time and not going for FL. He's racing for a championship, not a single point. He could have put a serious hurt on Sir Lewis today.
I don't think VER was going for FL.
If you look at the racepace, both before and after the safetycar, VER gained a ~6sec lead quite fast and easily and after that kept that gap, indicating that he adjusted his racepace to PER pace.
That both VER and HAM got taking turns at FL is just the increase of the racepace due to the cars getting lighter, but VER kept his lead fairly constant, indicating that he was sparing tyres and the car.

And with still 6 laps to go you can't slow down 1sec/lap if you have a ~6sec lead.
You need that 6 sec if you for example miss a brakepoint for a turn and miss the racing line, picking up debris on your tyres. (at the moment of the crash, I timed the gap between VER and PER at about 5 sec.)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 06-07-2021 at 09:32 AM..
Appreciate 4