View Single Post
      09-07-2007, 12:07 AM   #7
S2K
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewhouseEnt View Post
As a former dealer, I will tell you that they just DID mark up the car for "market." This dealer has already shown their colors of being a backwards, 1980's style, slick dealership. Avoid or buy a Chevy, where you'll surely get this treatment. I went to 3 Chevy and 1 Buick dealership/s in the last week, they are operating in "1984 Texas Good Ol' Boys time." The only thing missing here are Mullets. (Was looking at 07' Tahoe and 08' Enclave.)
Paint Sealant: This is a $15 bottle of wax that they have a guy making an hourly wage put on the cars. NO WAX, I repeat, NO WAX on earth lasts effectively past 3-4 months. Before a dealership, I owned a Concourse Prep Detail facility that prepped Concourse show cars for Pebble Beach. I won't go into the science of it, but I was in the business for over 15 years.
Times about 20 cars on one bottle of wax and an hourly rate... and they Paint Sealed your car for about $8. They charge from $399 to $800 for this idiotic item. Suffice it to say for the common man, if you sealed the paint, the clear coat would crack. It must BREATH. The only thing you can put onto paint and clear coats is wax.
Second, they make about $400 on the LoJack. The car already has an alarm with ignition kill and a key fob that changes the code every time you use it.
By forcing you to buy these two things, they just cleared their market over charge, thus telling you bold face that they are slick and will try anything underhanded to get a buck. Go to another dealer.

I totally agree! I find it sad they had to go that route.(I'm half way tempted to release the name of the guy and the dealership) What I find even more sad is I emailed each and every BMW dealership in San Diego and only responded.....only one response. I thought they wanted to sell cars????

Can anyone recommend a dealership in SoCal?
Appreciate 0