View Single Post
      11-25-2020, 08:38 AM   #25
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Does anyone see the majors (Ford, GM, Toyota, Honda) engulfing and beating Tesla back into a niche brand in 10 years?

Serious question.

The majors know what it takes to put millions of reasonable quality cars on the road every year, and have the factory infrastructure and labor force to do it.
I don’t see if happening either. Until one of the majors decides to make a “normal” EV its not going to happen.

Don’t know why they have to make the exteriors so ugly and the same with the interiors. Tesla has a cult following in various circles for various reasons and are selling in decent numbers.

If let’s say Honda came out with a full electric Civic or Accord that looks identical inside and out to the gasoline version with a 300-400 mile range it would sell.

Personally we were considering an EV for my wife 2 years ago.
Tesla 3 - she didn’t like the styling, liked how it drove
Chevy Bolt - ugly inside and out, didn’t like the drive
Nissan Leaf - meh styling and okay drive
BMW i3 - didn’t like the styling but liked the drive
VW eGolf - liked the styling, looked like a “normal car” liked the drive and range met her needs, however 6-9 month wait to get one. Doesn’t work when you have a couple days to find a new car when your car was totalled in a collision.

We are at the point of considering a new car for her again and still, not many better EV options.
Appreciate 1
chassis6375.00