View Single Post
      11-23-2020, 10:05 PM   #34
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
yeah no clue. something about the wife not enjoying it or being able to drive it. too loud when you want to have fun with it. power is all up top so you're doing jail time speeds by the top of 3rd. he prefers his panamera turbo.

1. not sure on that but i just checked a post on rennlist and guy said the dealer wants 30k to swap in the 18 way sofa seats. seems ridiculous. the buckets are ridiculously expensive if you buy them after too, like double the option price. i'd say just find a car with the seats you like and stick with it.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...buckets-2.html

2. i wont be using the car for long trips. we have the m3, civic, and tlx for those things. at most a 2 hour drive to kansas city. the seats are comfortable for me and my girl. but i'm 5'10 160 and shes 5'3 105. we both fit fine in the seats with plenty of room. hardest part is getting in due to the tall bolster. you gotta slide the seat all the way back to get in and out.

3. my car is manual. the 458 didn't have this feature and i'm not sure if pdk does. they will skip gears in automatic mode if you're cruising and floor it. but manual mode i think you gotta go one by one with pdk.
Congrats on the car man! It’s a fantastic spec and all around gorgeous. Love seeing the car without full leather too. My 718 GT4 is spec’d as such and for some reason it looks more purposeful to me in the GT cars that way.

WRT PDK, there used to be a kick down that you could hit on the accelerator and then hit the down paddle and it would go down to the lowest possible gear. They they got rid of that in the 991.2 PDK cars where manual is manual and as you said it is one by one.
Appreciate 1
Humdizzle6040.50