View Single Post
      11-23-2020, 08:04 PM   #30
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye///M View Post
Why on earth anyone buys a car like this and then sells it after 1,400 miles is beyond me. That is barely 4 tanks of gas! Congrats on the nice purchase. I wish I could find one like this one for myself …
yeah no clue. something about the wife not enjoying it or being able to drive it. too loud when you want to have fun with it. power is all up top so you're doing jail time speeds by the top of 3rd. he prefers his panamera turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
congrats man... i am treading on similar upgrade but debating v10 r8 as well.

i test drive a few and it really is a baby huracan minus the brand and aero bits. pretty much same engine and transmission and with an exhaust

however, coming from owning 15+ years of bmw the audi still feels like an audi and the porsche just makes the better upgrade. however its that v10 theater that is still keeping it on the table.

a few gt3 questions i have:

1. i have read if you have bucket seats from factory you can not retrofit the 18 way seats as the wiring was not done. however, if you get a gt3 with the 18 way you can plug in play the bucket seats. yes i would have to buy bucket seats on the side but gives me flexibility of swapping.

2. how comfortable are the seats really? do you see yourself using it as a daily driver and long journeys?

3. does the pdk have the quick downshift feature like your 458 where you hold the down paddle and it will go through each gear to the lowest?

thanks for the help and enjoy the new car
1. not sure on that but i just checked a post on rennlist and guy said the dealer wants 30k to swap in the 18 way sofa seats. seems ridiculous. the buckets are ridiculously expensive if you buy them after too, like double the option price. i'd say just find a car with the seats you like and stick with it.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...buckets-2.html

2. i wont be using the car for long trips. we have the m3, civic, and tlx for those things. at most a 2 hour drive to kansas city. the seats are comfortable for me and my girl. but i'm 5'10 160 and shes 5'3 105. we both fit fine in the seats with plenty of room. hardest part is getting in due to the tall bolster. you gotta slide the seat all the way back to get in and out.

3. my car is manual. the 458 didn't have this feature and i'm not sure if pdk does. they will skip gears in automatic mode if you're cruising and floor it. but manual mode i think you gotta go one by one with pdk.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 0