View Single Post
      10-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
gee-m-w
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: S4

M3/M4 fit and finish improvements over 335i/435i

Let me say that I previously owned an e90 in a base sport trim in 2005. The 428i I sat in a couple of days ago is not much improved, if at all, in terms of fit and finish. The e90 was $36k sticker and this car was $48k. In particular the exterior door handles felt cheap and light, and the dash felt a little bit crammed or smushed. The headlight switch and start/stop switch looked a bit overly complicated or cheap. Even though this 428i had a $1900 LED headlights package, there were giant incandescent red christmas tree bulbs on the rear tail lights.

Then I sat in an M5 and it was an absolute dream. Big, luxurious feeling door handles. Alcantara headliner. Sensible, integrated dash with a screen that looks like it is built into the car instead of tacked on after. Roomy console. Beautiful seats with integrated headrests.

I just hope the M3 has a lot of the cheap bits removed or replaced on it. LED tail lights and upgraded appointments throughout.

Do we know for sure what is upgraded?