View Single Post
      07-23-2009, 10:12 AM   #19
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverclive View Post
Ok, well I haven't been on the forum for a while, but its funny what has unfolded in my absence. First the reason I walked in so fast is because I had just rushed down from delray to check out the car and I had somewhere to be. I didnt have time to drool all over the lambos and porches. I know what I want, I have been looking for a stick 135 for over 3 months and finally there is one that could end my anticipation of whether or not it suits me. SO of course I am a little abrupt in asking for a test drive. I have test drove the auto and I know all the other details of the car so there is no need for the square dance. As for sweating like a pig and my shirt half off, which makes me laugh by the way. The reason for that is I drive a 97 m3 that has no AC and the engine bay heat is for some inexplicable reason directed at my feet through what used to be AC ducts. So to add to the 100 degree miami weather w/ no AC my black on black m3 is literally cooking me alive after say 20 minutes of driving. Its a wonder I didnt buy the car on the spot to avoid the wretched drive home. I went to the door and tried to open it as any normal human being would... it was locked and so I tried the other. Just for readers knowledge, I think epic has embellished his story just a tad. At any rate even after I had "walked in like a bull and nearly broke down the doors" the two salesmen in question have not even lifted a toe to come and help me. I approached them and simply asked if I could check out the 135. They proceed to repeat the question to me. I was a bit taken back but I just said yeah. They looked at each other and gave each other the look of "another f***** person who's not worth standing up for". I picked up on this and got more to the point, " can I test drive the car"? They immediately retorted, "we don;t allow our cars to be test drove". At that point I knew it was a hopeless cause. At no point was I rude until they treated me as a second rate buyer (as someone else had put it). If being sweaty and in a rush denies me the right to buy a car from them then there is nothing I can do. I was not rude, but more to the point. At any rate I purchased a car this weekend and ironically it was sweaty in a wife beater and the salesman was more than happy to let me test drive it. Guess the moral of this story is treat buyers like crap and you dont sell cars. Also if I were those salesmen, I would have picked up on the little cue that I wasn't just browsing and I was genuinely interested in the car when I didn't didn't bat an eye at a single other car in the showroom.

Which dealership did you end up buying from?
Appreciate 0