Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post
Very interesting and well-written article. The last page sums it up best - correct answer is subjective to each individual buyer. For me, I'd gladly trade the extra refinement and smoothness of the Alpina (very, very nice car with highly impressive performance capabilities) for the extra poise, performance and more aggressive styling of the M3/M4.

That particular author placed the M4 last, but he did so by placing more weight on the refinement category than I would, and more weight on the value proposition than I would (sure, the M235i offers more performance per dollar, but if the M3/M4 is something that you can or are willing to pay for, why wouldn't you?

A C7 Corvette or Z28 Camaro offer more performance per dollar than a Ferrari 458 - no doubt. However, if I was able to afford a Ferrari 458 (which I clearly cannot, otherwise I'd have one) - there is no way I would pick the C7 or Z28 over the 458...

Again though, that just my own subjective opinion...
Amen

And echoing what someone else said... there are so few reviews that say the M4 is hard to control at the top end. I understand that the reviewer is well respected and does this a lot - but I wonder why so many praise the handling, but every so often you get a weird outlier. Personal preference I suppose, but maybe comfort zone as well? You'd think someone who does as much as this Author would have a comfort zone the size of... well. you know.

I also don't like it was not apples to apples, 6MT all around, but realize that with the Alpina that isn't possible.

Great read though overall!
Instagram: IMrMark
Appreciate 0