2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
CARB is California, not EPA. States can voluntarily elect to follow CARB. So far, 15 states have implemented CARB into their laws.

There are CARB approved parts and there are parts that meet the EPA Tampering Policy. There are PLENTY of companies out there that sell CARB and EPA compliant parts including tuning devices that add power, aftermarket turbos and superchargers, etc. You simply have to demonstrate and document compliance. Many reputable companies have and are doing that.

Yeah, it's harder to start an aftermarket performance parts company without a lot of cash because of CARB, EPA, CAA, etc. requirements, but that pretty much goes for any business that makes auto parts or anything for that matter that must meet industry or regulatory standards.
Cool story. Next you'll tell me that California isn't using it's status to influence nationwide change. Then you'll tell me that the red tape to get something CARB approved is oh-so-easy. Then you'll mention that other states don't have to follow it if they don't want to. It's an artificial barrier to entry that snuffs out innovation and business, pure and simple. Go ahead and check out the due diligence requirements to get CARB approval and get back to me.

Straight up, this is why this shitty country is this way. On both aisles you have people with the head way too far up their ass to see what's actually going on while everything deteriorates around them. I fuckin love hyper-partisian my team is better than your team mentalities.