01-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #16
ModBargains III
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 135i, E46 M3, 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
We do not recommend the VT2-650 for DCT equipped vehicles unless the car is sent to us to have our DCT performance software installed. The most power we recommend with the stock BMW DCT software is VT2-625. The DCT transmission in this car is very reliable with added power but it does have its limits.
+1 Couldn't imagine how amazing that would feel to get on it with a DCT with that kit... Must be just mind blowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOVCO View Post
I would imagine it's all in how hard you drive you M, like Akash says above. You drag your car and beat the living snotrockets outta it, she's bound to break something. Just talk to the rep at one of the SC shops. They obviously know their product.
You make a good point. Obviously if you're going to be drag racing the car on a consistent basis as well, I think reinforcement of the subframe and rear suspension should also be in mind as well, not just the transmission.

For normal daily driving with occasional track use, obviously you're less likely to hurt the drivetrain as much as drag racing the car on a very consistent basis and of course as you say, beating the living snotrockets out of the car. Still no reason NOT to have fun while driving it though lol