View Single Post
      02-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #1
BeBogus
Rep
Drives: 08' BMW 535i

Info from Chicago Autoshow

Hi Guys,

I have found some interesting info after attending the show. One of the spokes women for BMW was there so I thought i would get some questions in about the M3.

She told me that he planned ship date for US is late September. Dealers should have or are shortly recieving notices. She made it a point ot say that it is a planned date because just as the M5 had a planned date, it was delayed slightly. She also said to expect the cabrio about a year later. As for the sedan, but there is no definate answer to if BMW will even release it. Based on the testing conducted BMW will have a clearer idea 4 to 6 months from now. IF it does get approved for production there is a good chance it will be release a year after the Cabrio's release.

She mentioned that it will be a v8 400hp I asked her if it will be in the 400 range and she said it is a 400hp v8.

As for the individual series options/colors, the only car available with individual accents in the US is the 7series. I asked her if one chooses to do ED if they can get those options and she said no.

Just a little hear say from my end.
Appreciate 0