View Single Post
      08-29-2008, 11:58 PM   #1
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
E90 Angel Eyes as daytime running lights (without turning on parking lights

Ok so I decided to make another DIY about this. Mpowerman has a very good one here http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55190 also, but I am a bit slow lol so I wanted to make one with more pictures describing the things that took me a little bit to figure out correctly when I did this.

For difficultly out of 10 I rate this a 4-5 its not to hard, but for pain in the a$$ level I rate it a 10 because there are so many little things you have to do.

Here it goes. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BLOW SOMETHING UP !!

Equipment needed:

Jack, Jack Stands.
17,8,7mm sockets
I used 18gauge wire bought 100feet
Some wire taps and connectors, 5 amp fuse and fuse holder
Two resistors (i used 20w 8ohm and it seemed to work)
Wire strippers, screw drivers, needle nose pliers

First you need to take off the two side covers and the center cover just to get to the ECU over, its a BIG pain just to get the over off. There are 6 bolts to get the air filter off, then 2 move underneath to remove the center piece. The pic below shows what it looks like with the covers removed.

The pic below where its highlighted is where the ECU is located under that white cover.

Once you open the ECU cover you look for the Red wire with a white line through it, its a basic accessory wire that goes on once the car is in position 2 or started. It also stays on for a few seconds after the car is off (your Angel eyes will stay on too for a few seconds).

Next I ran some wires to both sides of the car. You need a power wire to each side of the car. I used the existing tubing on both sides to snake a wire out to look more OEM