View Single Post
      06-19-2012, 04:36 AM   #15
Ylivami
Registered
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Touring (2011)

Album artwork works with regular iPod cables, not with official BWM iPod cable?!

I have a 2011 BMW with the Professional Navigation system, and when I connect an iPod or an iPhone into the USB socket in the arm rest with a normal iPod/iPhone cable, I get mp3 album art work on the Navi screen.

Because the normal iPod/iPhone cable is so long, I decided to go into a BMW store to purchase a BMW accessory iPod cable which is only about 10 inches long, and would fit much better into the armrest of my car. This official BMW iPod cable is different from a normal Apple iPod cable in that the BMW cable has the iPod connector on one end, and the other end is divided into a normal USB connector AND a separate AUX connector.

When I connect the same iPod or iPhone into the arm rest with this BMW iPod cable (iPod connector into the iPod, the USB connector into the USB socket and the AUX connector into the AUX socket) I only get audio and track info, but no album art work. If I disconnect the AUX connector and leave just the USB connector in, I don't get audio at all.

So, I only get audio + track info + album artwork using normal Apple iPod cables (or a similar Brand X iPod cable) with just the iPod connector on one end and the USB connector on the other. Can anybody tell me why the official BMW iPod cable accessory disables album artwork?
Appreciate 0