01-10-2019, 01:15 AM   #7
vale007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e82 1 M coupe

downpipes f87n s55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
You can fit downpipes, but it would be the stupidest thing to do if you keep the OPFs on the car.

Go from the rear to the front, first slip-on then linkpipe then downpipes. Don't alter that, else it is pretty a waste of money what you do, and it could get you into serious problems when you put too much strain on the OPFs.

And yeah this is how a slip-on sounds on a OPF car. Not much you can do about it. It is like standing on your garden hose when you want a better nozzle to spray the plants. Taking your foot off the hose is better solution than replacing the nozzle.

MR
i‘m thinking about two options;
1) full turbo back exhaust with secondary cat in the mids, maybe it need to be resonated also

@2) downpipes and us version of exhaust with secondary cat only

the 2nd solution was installed at my bmw 1M coupe with akrapovic downpipes only, it was exactly 300kW/600Nm with ecu flash. nice sound, and... there was no issue with the police, it was not possible but IMO not necessary to put that „upgrade“ in the car documents.

@1) it is only possible to get opf back exhaust straight to car documents in EU, correct? so i‘m afraid to lose my numberplates if I go for mids or full exhaust after signing the axle back only in the documents if I got by the police for noise issues..

the supersprint exhaust is with small opf backpressure dedection link pipes, may i ask you guys if it is possible to measure the backpressure of the sec.cats of us midpipe generates with a proper tuning software or is there no need and akrapovic downpipes without sensor hoses ar better?

(i‘ve got a non resonated cat back system already at my garage, it was a set without sec.cats/resonators)

let me know what you think, thanks in advance!

Appreciate 0