No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 Comp BGM / Sahkir

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2///M View Post
Max Well, I think you could plug the following numbers for HP/Torque based off the M3/4 and Club Sport versions:... I still stick by my assertion that the X3 M will be slightly lighter than the M40i. The X5 M is heavier in part because it utilizes a larger motor...
Thanks, MN2///M - I've entered the HP and torque info per your recs, and shaved off about 30 lbs. I compromised between the X5 and X6 ext dimensional changes by lowering the ht 1" and making it 3/4" wider. So I have the numbers needed to plug into the calculations now. I've got some travelling to do over the next three days so won't get a chance to set it up right away, though, but it will give me some good seat time in the M40i on Interstates.
Quote:
Max Well, I think you could plug the following numbers for HP/Torque based off the M3/4 and Club Sport versions:
Base M3/M4 is 425 HP and 410 lb-ft of torque
Club Sport version is 460 HP and 442 lb-ft of torque

I still stick by my assertion that the X3 M will be slightly lighter than the M40i. The X5 M is heavier in part because it utilizes a larger motor. I think BMW will shave some weight through some lighter parts, but I believe this will really be dependent upon the price point they decide to hit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Quote:
Max Well, I think you could plug the following numbers for HP/Torque based off the M3/4 and Club Sport versions:... I still stick by my assertion that the X3 M will be slightly lighter than the M40i. The X5 M is heavier in part because it utilizes a larger motor...
Thanks, MN2///M - I've entered the HP and torque info per your recs, and shaved off about 30 lbs. I compromised between the X5 and X6 ext dimensional changes by lowering the ht 1" and making it 3/4" wider. So I have the numbers needed to plug into the calculations now. I've got some travelling to do over the next three days so won't get a chance to set it up right away, though, but it will give me some good seat time in the M40i on Interstates.
I? thought the HP on X3M were expected to be more in the 490 range no?
Appreciate 0