View Single Post
      07-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #3
Arezzo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW M5, 2018 Carrera T

I for one choose the PI to go with protonic blue, friends in Germany say the interior is quite claustrophobic in black. My original choice was the dalbergia brown which is classy. That comes with bright blue stitching on steering wheel which I do not like. PI is grey stitching. My car week 32 is a 2014, I think next year BMW will revert to normal change over so 2016 will be a August 2015, making 2015 a short model year.
The upcharge in the USA for PI is half of European or UK destinations, so we are fortunate in that respect.
As for model revisions and elimination of PI in future, I think BMW will try and price up to $200K accompanied by the battery motor from the i3 which already gives a 50bhp extra kick when it comes to mid life revisions.
Incidentally are you buying the BMW wall charger, I found Clipper Creek Model LCS-25P a compact wall mounted alternative which you could pack to a vacation residence or office garage, not that you are EV dependent like the standard i3.
Finally I do not think these cars will be collectibles like the Z8, perhaps a year of scarcity will allow you to sell next year at above MSRP, however technological innovation will make these follow selling curves like a Ferrari 458 for instance. I drove my 458 for 2 years and traded it for MSRP, then promptly lost $80,000 in just under 3 years on an FF !

Last edited by Arezzo; 07-07-2014 at 08:18 PM..
Appreciate 0