View Single Post
      06-22-2021, 08:14 AM   #2397
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Our OCD psycho dog unearthed a huge environmental conspiracy last Wednesday! His mortal enemy is the garbage truck, and he keeps a constant vigil by the window and counts them as they go in/out of our dead-end road every day. Our town has three competing private garbage pickup services, so there is a lot of garbage truck traffic even on our sleepy road.

Last Wednesday, only one truck went in/out. He sat for hours by the window, waiting for the second truck (recycle) to arrive...but it never did. I didn't hear it either.

Long story short, my DW was walking OCD psycho dog and stopped to talk with a neighbor down the road. He mentioned to her that the Wednesday garbage company picked up both his garbage can and recycle can with the same truck. He stopped the driver to inform him of the mistake, and was told that they are taking recyclables in the same truck straight to the landfill now because there is no market for them any more.

Needless to say, OCD psycho dog is not happy about the environmental impacts...or losing two garbage truck encounters (one in, one out) on Wednesdays.....