06-03-2015, 01:46 AM   #10
OlegUK
Kazakhstan
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiabmwm5 View Post
This is a known
problem for the new M5 and M6. I have had my brakes replaced twice on my 2014 M5 and they still squeak. $111K car and the brakes are squeaky all the time. Fighting with BMW right now about the issue. Shame because the rest of the car is pretty much perfect. My assumption would be that the X5M has the same brake system. No fixes. The question I have is that if you went for a test drive of ANY car and the brakes squeaked, wouldn't you pass on buying that vehicle? Problem with this is that during the test drives there were no squeaks. It took about four months before my squeaks showed up. That was about 14K miles ago. Had to hire an attorney....
First 100 mile they are not squeak. Ok, dealer lubricated rear side of pads, and now squeak appear less often and sound is not so loud as was.
May be it will help you!
Dealer said that only the decision to avoid squeak forever is to do additional threads (cutting) on pads. They did this on all E70 and E71 M-series cars and that's working.
They sent these recommendations to BMW to improve pads, but as you see nothing happened.
I will try to drive for next 200-300 miles and if strong squeak will begin again, `i will do additional threads.
Appreciate 0