View Single Post
      02-21-2016, 03:04 AM   #17
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

As long as you realize the car business needs you more than you need them, you can always strike a killer deal. And then maybe you just service at your local store.

You are the boss...
You're the boss because you can fire the entire dealership buy spending your money elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
I was searching around looking for something on BMW's policy on dealers charging market adjustments. I stumbled upon a post just over a year ago some guy paid a 100k market adjustment to get one of the first I8's. As we all know today you can buy I8's all day for under MSRP. I doubt anyone here would bite on the 10k market adjustment crap some dealers are charging but we should all be aware that biting on a market adjustment is bad investment for a multi year production car.

Personally I have written off my local dealer for this market adjustment BS and their evasive answers on how they will handle their allocations. I see that as a dealer looking at short term profits over relationships. Too bad because my wife is finishing medical school this year and in addition to the M2 we will be buying something for her also in the next year. Over her career I am sure we will own a lot of cars but we won't be buying them from our local BMW dealer.
Appreciate 1