View Single Post
      05-31-2015, 03:12 PM   #4
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
+1 to UrbanExtent's comparison.

It's by no means "limo smooth", but it's not harsh at all. I didn't have adaptive suspension in my last E71 X6 (had it before that, shouldn't have bought "off the lot"). It was more "bumpy" than my X6M is, possibly even in "Sport Plus".

Ignore the press that's telling you you're compromising and that it's rough on every day roads. It's deceptively comfortable and "grand cruiser" esque in Comfort. It's also a monster when you put it into sport/race modes and back ;p

I drive mine most of the time in "M1", only using "all off" on long, boring, motorway trips. "M2" is for when I want to enjoy the ride, and it is harsher in that setting.

My setup:

"All Off" - Defaults to (cannot be changed as a "preset") Efficient engine, Comfort Suspension, Comfort Steering, Efficient Transmission

"M1" (My "daily drive") setting - Sport Engine, Sport Suspension, Comfort Steering, Dynamic Transmission (auto default)

"M2" (My "fun driving" setting) - Sport Plus Engine, Sport Plus Suspension, Sport Steering, Sport Transmission (manual default).

I wouldn't say it's harsh in any setting, has virtually no body roll in any setting, but is much more "planted" as you move up the suspension ranges.
Appreciate 0