sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetsTad View Post
We placed an order for a new X3 back a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving with our sales guy promising us delivery before the end of the year. He told us it would go into production the week of Thanksgiving (not sure if that's a thing at all), and then we were told it was going into production this week, and just this morning I called the Genius number and was finally told it was scheduled for week 49 - next week.

The last time I talked to the sales guy - last week, when he told me the car was going into production today - he said the X3 would still be here by December.

I feel your frustration as well, and I also feel like I've been a bit mislead since he would have known the entire time as to when the car would be scheduled for production, right?
I'm not sure that's true. Production shifts over time, sometimes they get late, sometimes they get ahead. I was calling the 800 number daily and the dates would change occasionally.

Where you're west coast it might be tight by the end of the year. Based on my build you can figure 5 days just to get on a train, 10-12 days to get to the VPC on the train, then another 7 or so to get processed and to your dealer. My car finished production Nov 10th and is going to be delivered to the dealer today. Hopefully you don't get caught in a holiday delay, you should be able to get it by the end of the year if all goes just right.

It seems those who have their cars trucked in the east cut off about 7-10 days.
Appreciate 0