11-05-2016, 12:15 PM   #11
Dylan484
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
Dylan, that hose carries mild vacuum when boost is high and certainly could whistle. The JB4 increases boost and therefore increases that vacuum but I'm very surprised that the correlation is strong enough to notice.

That hose always looks cracked due to the paint so be sure to verify that it's not just an illusion. It shouldn't crack on it's own so I suspect someone was messing with your intercooler or valve cover.

Your hose, like most, should have a small electrical connector indicating that it is the version "with heater" and the P/N is listed in the top post. Just break the clips off your old hose to remove. Meanwhile it's not a big deal for it to leak, it won't significantly affect crankcase pressure and although it will draw in a tiny amount of unmetered air, there are 2 more MAP sensors downstream that will figure things out.
Thanks for the informational response. It most definitely is cracked I can stick a flat head in it, did it to make sure it was a crack. I think I may have cracked it when I installed the jb4 because I loosened the pipe that the intake attaches to so I had room to plug in the jb4 plug thay goes right there. If that makes sense.

Ill check for a part number and replace it in hopes that it's making the noise. Thanks
Appreciate 0