View Single Post
      02-23-2011, 10:30 PM   #8
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallshorty View Post
I'm sorry to dissappoint you but the 6NR option cannot be retrofitted on pre-march models. This has been confirmed. So most of us are left out in the cold...again.
That may be true, but any documents that I have seen so far still make this a grey area. At least not as specific as BMW was when they said that Pre Combox vehicles would not be able to be retro-fitable to Combox. It could be some amount of parts for 6NR, but suspect it is specifically related to equipping the i-Phone, and more or less an upgrade to newer software programming. I guess for me it sort of remains a mute point since I don't have an i-Phone, although many of you do.

Keep the faith. Combox was a huge deal for BMW to develop. According to one of their movies on u-tube, it was over three years in development. This is the basic "Hardware" we all need for the majority of future upgrades and will be the hardware they stick with for probably the next five years or more. That's why it was such a big deal that BMW pissed off so many perople by not having it ready for the F10 platform right at the start.

For now, 6NR is not a factor since I don't Facebook or Tweet. Web Radio would be cool, but once agian, since I have Blackberry, this may not be in the cards ever. I am more interested in getting any of the other numerous software upgrades that will eventually come out, such as internet access through the BB, more of i-Pod upgrades, etc.

Last edited by ghueser; 02-23-2011 at 10:54 PM..
Appreciate 0